Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The GIZ project “Strengthening the Resilience of Gaza’s Population (GRP)” which is funded by the German Government through GIZ is aiming to contribute to the strengthening of the resilience of Gaza population. The project focuses especially on renewable energy and green economy in Gaza Strip where basic services are critically limited. Planned interventions are clustered into three action fields: (1) improvement of essential basic infrastructure, (2) an improved availability of relevant education and further training in direly needed professions, (3) a contribution to the valorisation of local innovations in the field green economy for small and smallest enterprises. The three action fields are closely intertwined with different perspectives on strengthening resilience.
To support our operations, GRP is looking for admin assistant located in Gaza to assist the project in administrative and technical tasks.
“Administrative Assistant – GRP Gaza”
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
- Supports in general administrative tasks of the project.
- Assist in inviting offers, organize purchase orders and procurement of goods and services.
- Assists in preparing for internal audits / control.
- Assists in organizing, coordinating, and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars, and other activities.
- Keeps inventory according to GIZ rules and regulations.
- Process travel applications of staff according to GIZ rules and regulations.
- Purchase, store and distribute office supplies and stationery; and ensures its availability.
- Update, store, and maintain documents in reference filing systems and DMS in line with GIZ rules.
- Assists in translating documents.
- Supports short term consultants and facilitate their work.
- Assists in corporate matters related to cross cutting issues, e.g., Gender, PR.
- Regularly checks the changes in GIZ Processes and Rules (PuR) in relation to field of work.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of line manager.
- Graduate with a bachelor’s degree in the field Business Administration, Accounting,
- Finance, or any related field of study.
- Up to 1-year professional experience in a comparable position.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (speaking, writing, and reading). German is an asset.
- Computer skills i.e., ITC technologies MS Office application (email, the internet and outlook, word, excel, Power Point. etc.).
- Fast learner, team player, and highly motivated.
- Basic communication and interpersonal skills.
- ▪ Willingness to upskill as required.
As an equal opportunity employer, GIZ stands for inclusion and diversity and does not discriminate against applicants for employment because of their gender, disability, age, religion, or ethnic origin. GIZ offers an attractive and challenging work environment with opportunities for personal and professional development.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address:
[email protected] , which includes the Applicant information Form, CV, and Cover Letter, no later than 12th of February 2023 at latest 16:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Administrative Assistant – GRP Gaza”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Attachment GIZ applicant information form