Palestinian Non-Governmental Organizations Network
Palestinian NGO’s Network (PNGO) is a civil and democratic body, which seeks to support, consolidate and strengthen the Palestinian civil society on the basis of the principles of democracy, social justice and sustainable development. It strives for the attainment of the legitimate national rights of the Palestinian people. It is a Palestinian NGO umbrella organization comprising 133 member organizations working in different developmental fields.
PNGO was established in September 1993, after the signing of the Oslo Accords, with the objective of enhancing coordination, consultation and cooperation among the different sectors of civil society. Since then PNGO has become an important component of Palestinian society and serves as an essential coordination mechanism for the NGO sector at the local, regional and international level.
A leading civil society network that plays primary role in developing a civil society that is independent, free of occupation and sustainable where Palestinians enjoy democracy, tolerance, dignity, social justice, rule of law and respect of human rights
PNGO is a coordination framework for the NGO sector in Palestine that has a developmental vision towards; empowering and protecting the autonomy of the CS, consolidating its role in the national struggle and democratization process, based on the principles of democracy, social justice, rule of law, and respect for human rights through; lobbying public opinion, mainstreaming of society concerns into public policies, plans and programs, contributing to mobilizing civil society resources and consolidating coordination and networking.
Empowering and protecting the autonomy of the Palestinian civil society, consolidating its role in the national struggle and democratization process based on the principles of democracy, social justice, rule of law, tolerance, and respect of human rights
PNGO's overall goal is to reinforce the role played by NGOs through contributing to the development and empowerment of civil society within an independent democratic Palestinian state based on the principles of democracy, social justice and respect for human rights
- To contribute to the national resistance to end the occupation and to defend the legitimate national rights of the Palestinian people.
- To contribute to the retrieval of the Palestinian national unity.
- To contribute to protecting public liberties and citizens’ rights.
- To contribute to the mainstreaming of societal concerns into public by employing policies, legislations, plans and programs in a way that feeds into strengthening the steadfastness of the Palestinian people and serves into protecting the rights and interests of the poor and marginalized populations.
- To protect the autonomy of the civil society work, to empower it and to consolidate its role in the establishment of an independent and democratic Palestinian state.
- To enhance the organizational capacities of PNGO and promote coordination and cooperation among PNGO sectors on the one hand, and between the sectors and the different bodies on the national, regional and international levels.
The Palestinian NGOs Network Won the French Republic Human Rights Award 2009