International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is working to relieve the suffering of those impacted by war, natural disaster and disease by delivering vital health care services that focus on training, helping devastated populations return to self-reliance. IMC has been working in Gaza since 2009 and is currently implementing a project to support health service provision in partnership with local NGOs.
International Medical corps is currently looking for Driver:
Capacity: Short-term Service Contract
Location: Gaza City, with regular field work in the Gaza Strip.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The Driver will:
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle. Accurate recordings in daily vehicle logs, and provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts...etc.
- Compiles the movements of the staff using Microsoft Excel and drive them according to the movement plan and movement requests.
- Apply IMC security guidelines and specific instructions related to each movement.
- To safely and securely ensure the transportation of IMC personnel and deliveries throughout the Gaza Strip
- Driving Staff and deliverables to and from destinations including project sites as required.
- Checking the road, location, destination and security situation before each journey.
- Checking that all tools and (jacks, Fire extinguishers, spare tires. first aid kit etc..) are always kept in the vehicle.
- Follow up and keep records of movements, fuel consumption and maintenance of all vehicles in the logbook.
- Submit fuel report, transportation report and vehicle logbook to the Logistics Officer every month.
- Check the vehicles (condition and mechanic) on a daily and fill the daily/weekly/monthly follow up sheets.
- Liaise with focal point in contracted taxi company to arrange all staff movements.
- Compile staff taxi vouchers on a weekly basis – updating relevant spreadsheet to calculate monthly expenditure – crosscheck and confirm calculations with taxi Co. before submitting to logistics to proceed with payment.
- Observing safe driving practices and respecting speed limits as required within the Palestinian law in Gaza.
- Ensure that all drivers records (from contracted taxi company) – license, registration and insurance are up to date. Update follow up spreadsheet & keep hard copy file of documents.
- Perform Any Other Additional Duty on Request of his/her Supervisor
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have secondary education as minimum.
- Good knowledge of MS office and internet.
- Valid driving license.
- Minimum three years of previous work experience as driver with INGO.
- Minimum Qualifications of English Language skills for driving position.
- Knowledge in mechanics and cars maintenance.
- Knowledge in safety rules and Gaza strip streets.
How to apply;
- Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to send their CV’s along with a cover letter, in English, to [email protected] no later than January 21st , 2021.
- The email subject line should include the following position name: Driver