Programme Manager for the Austrian Development Cooperation
Water sector programme
at the Austrian Representative Office in Ramallah, Palestine
Combating poverty, ensuring peace and preserving the environment: These are the three major focus areas of the Austrian Development Cooperation. The Austrian Development Agency, is the operational unit of the Austrian Development Cooperation and currently funds projects and programmes with a total volume of approx.. EUR 550 million to improve living conditions in developing countries.
Together with the Federal Ministry for European and International Affairs (MFA), partner countries, public institutions, civil society organisations and businesses, ADA seeks to ensure that sustainable development works to the benefit of all people in Africa, Asia, Southeast Europe, the South Caucasus and the Middle East. ADA staff on the ground in 25 coordination/project offices make sure that ADA operations are in line with national development goals and the needs of the local population and that funds are put to the best possible use and by that contributing to the Agenda 2030.
In this context, the Austrian Representative Office (ARO) in Ramallah is responsible for the implementation of the Austrian Development Cooperation in Palestine with the overall objective to contribute to a Two State Solution. The focus areas in Palestine are to strengthen the water sector capacities in accessing quality water as well as to strengthen the socio-economic resilience of communities in the occupied Palestinian territories with a focus on Women and Youth by applying a gender transformative and human rights based approach.
The minimum following requirements are expected:
- Advanced university degree in a relevant field of study (international development, natural resource management, technical engineering) and minimum five years of relevant working experience
- Experience in development cooperation and/or humanitarian assistance as well as institution building by building on profound project cycle management skills
- Familiarity with the Water sector reform in Palestine as well as national water sector priorities and objectives
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Ability to deal with sensitive and time-sensitive issues, in a prioritized manner.
- Strong Computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of English, German is an asset
- Responsible for thorough monitoring of and quality reporting about ADC funded projects in the water sector, including budgets and expenditure reporting
- Contributing to and managing new program design initiatives in the water sector by using best technical as well as development practices and by applying relevant project cycle management tools
- Engage in sector dialogue through coordination with EU REP and other EU Members states active in the water sector as well as UN, IFIs, NGOs, academia, and private sector including participation in donor coordination and sector related working groups
- Contribute to ARO reporting and analysis
- Support other ADC funded projects by seeking synergies and complementarity
- Liaise with implementing partners of selected ADC funded projects
- Contribute to strategic programme discussion and reflection within ADA
- Contribute to information requests from Headquarters and input to regular HQ reports
- Enhance ADC visibility, including press and information activities, social media
- Organization and preparation of meetings
- Support visits of Delegation
- Documentation and updating of relevant country information
- Perform other tasks as required
The Programme Manager reports to the Austrian Representative.
Please send your application consisting of a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) and a motivation letter by e-mail to: [email protected] Applications should be in English, all relevant attachments should be only word format and/or pdf and the subject line must state ‘Programme Manager – Water Sector’
Deadline to receive application is 2 December 2021
After the evaluation of all applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
Austrian Representative Office is committed to diversity within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, religious and ethnic backgrounds, and including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become part of the organization. Female candidates will be given priority in the selection process, in case of same qualification.
Position: Programme Manager
Working hours: Full time
Starting date: January 2022
Duration: time bound one year contract
Location: Ramallah incl. regular travelling throughout oPt