Save Youth Future Society
Save Youth Future Society (SYFS) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent society founded in Gaza in 2001. SYFS work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the achievement of sustainable development, and which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment. SYFS in partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS), will start a program entitled “SALALEM: Prosperity and Advancement for Palestinian Women and Youth”, GAC-funded program. Salalem is a gender-transformative project which seeks to increase the agency of young women and youth with disabilities in Gaza and the West Bank through skills training for employment. In the ‘Leadership Institute’ participants will gain critical life skills and participate in experiential (on-the-job) learning, all whilst building professional networks. Simultaneously, the project aims to reduce barriers to workforce participation by increasing buy-in from participant’s families, improving the accessibility of workplaces, and promoting community acceptance. By improving skills and decreasing barriers, young women and youth with disabilities will improve learning outcomes, better enabling them to enter and remain in the workforce. SYFS is seeking for qualified and experienced Field Supervisor to implement the project key activities. S/he will be reporting directly to the Project Coordinator and work on all program activities.
1. Support programming activities at the field level
- Conduct beneficiary identification and verification visits
- Obtain beneficiary supporting documents
- Jointly assist in the interviewing process
2. Contribute to ensuring accountability to project beneficiaries and local stakeholders
- Regularly follow-up with interns placed, on activity level
- Troubleshoot problems and issues between employers and beneficiaries
3. Support the monitoring of project activities at the field level, per the M&E plan through collection of data
- Conduct site visits and apply field visits data collection tools
- Assist project coordinator and life-skills trainer in conduct of project activities
- Assist in documenting projects learning in the piloting phase
4. Support community mobilization efforts through communication and information sharing with project beneficiaries at the community level.
- Identify key local organizations, and communities to plan and jointly conduct outreach events and activities
- Jointly Identify key potential employers in their respective fields
- Assess the environment at placement locations to be more conducive to people with disabilities and provide recommendations for program teams
- Any other tasks assigned by project coordinator
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics, or another related field.
- Two years of professional experience in project management, preferably with experience in working with NGO's.
- Experience in livelihoods projects.
- Good report writing skills is an asset.
- Experience in working with people at risk of social exclusion and/or with disadvantaged communities.
- Additional experience in dealing / closely working with beneficiaries is preferred.
- Arabic compulsory, at least pre-intermediate level of English required.
- Very Good knowledge of Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit:
- Letter of motivation (ca. 200 words) and
- The most recent CV including three professional contacts.
Only complete applications (Motivation letter, CV, references and questionnaire) will be reviewed.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email e.g. Field Supervisor
Deadline for submitting applications 27/06/2022, no later than 12:00 p.m.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save Youth Future Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek SYFS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please