Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader)
Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and work at the sectors of food security, Protection, Community development, economic empowerment and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community. For more information, please visit Bayader website: www.bayader.ps
Bayader, in partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is in the process to start implementation of Shelter for Resilience (S4R): Assisting 194 Gazan families to improve their substandard shelters and strengthening resilience on household level project, this project is extension for Shelter for Resilience (S4R): Assisting 104 Gazan families to improve their substandard shelters and strengthening resilience on household level project. The project funded by GARITAS Germany.
The project extension goal is to increased resilience of acutely endangered families in Gaza through supporting additional 90 Gazan families to improve their substandard shelters and strengthening resilience on household level. The project will be implemented in Khan Younis and Rafah governorates.
Within this project, Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Site Engineer (SE) – Full time
# of Position Available: 2
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Reports To: Project Coordinator (PC).
Period: 9 Months
- Fill the social and technical assessments for potential households
- Lead consultation discussions with households to identify rehabilitation needs and prepare the bill of quantities BoQ
- Conduct regular field visits to project site locations.
- Maintain up-to-date documents and records related to all aspects of duties and responsibilities.
- Assist in on-going collection of data-monitoring.
- Participate on conducting orientation session and contract signing sessions.
- Follow up construction and rehabilitation activities.
- Ensure safety and security standards of construction and rehabilitation activities.
- Liaising with NGO’s, client and subcontractors.
- Ensure the engagement of all household members in the discussion of the rehabilitation plans.
- Perform any other tasks required by the PC related to the project.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Architectural engineering with at least good grade.
- Two years of professional experience in similar position and experience.
- One year of experience working with NGO's.
- Ensuring project meet agreed specifications and timeline.
- Knowledge of donor regulations and compliance.
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Good computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Resident of khan Younis or Rafah governorates.
HOW TO APPLY
- Deadline for submitting applications Saturday 6/8/2022 no later than 16:00 PM.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.