Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
"Risk Management Advisor"
Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The “Risk Management office” supports all projects of the German state development cooperation (GIZ, KfW, PTB) and fulfils tasks to support the delivery capability and the best possible guarantee of personal security of its clientele. The RMO provide services in three fields of action: (1) information and advice, (2) fleet management and coordination of missions, and (3) crisis prevention and management.
In order to achieve our mission, we are looking for a full-time (100%) position in GAZA.
"Risk Management Advisor"
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Conducting and drafting of security risk assessments models or methodologies and desk studies for GIZ programmes and KfW of the different areas in Gaza Strip.
- Establish and maintain a reliable information network, including local and international organizations.
- Ensures knowledge management by collecting, processing, distributing, and filing relevant information.
- Drafts and delivers reports and presentations outlining findings, identifying and explaining potential risks, and recommending solutions to RMO.
- Providing inputs on security and political developments to the RMO team.
- Drafting of analysis reports on relevant requested topics.
- Conducting security and actor analyses for the areas where German Development Cooperation works.
- Update analyses to keep all assessments current.
- Monitoring of monthly movement restrictions affecting the GIZ/KfW-Palestine operations.
- Conducting security and actor analyses for the areas where German Development Cooperation works, on request.
- Drafting monthly analysis, forecasts, and reports as part of the SRMA-Analysts team reporting structure.
- Support and enable the effective and timely response to all security-related threats and other emergencies.
- Coordinate all coordination applications for GIZ international staff and consultants to Gaza.
- Coordinate all travel applications for GIZ Gaza staff and families in and out of Gaza on the online website.
- Support all travel arrangements and coordination in Gaza for international and West Bank/Jerusalem ID holders.
- Responsible for all the Occupational Health and Safety aspects of the Gaza office and execution of emergency drills.
- Where appropriate and reasonable, the position holder is willing to perform tasks outside the scope of the job description.
Required qualifications, competences, and experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in political science, international studies, or equivalent field
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in an international organisation in a comparable position.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills with the ability to portray complex situations in an easily digestible manner to different audiences, as storyteller and contributor to managerial decision-making.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email) and mapping software.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organized and motivated.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
- Be able to work over hours and weekends if necessary, during crisis situations.
Assignment: Starting 1st of October 2022. 12 months contract with possible extension,
As an equal opportunity employer, GIZ stands for inclusion and diversity and does not discriminate against applicants for employment because of their gender, disability, age, religion, or ethnic origin. GIZ offers an attractive and challenging work environment with opportunities for personal and professional development.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address:
Kindly state in the email subject “Risk Management Advisor - Gaza”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form