Save Youth Future Society
Life Skills and Job Readiness Trainer
Reports To: Project Coordinator
Period: 12 months with possible extension
Save Youth Future Society (SYFS) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent society founded in Gaza in 2001. SYFS work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the achievement of sustainable development, and which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
Salalem, is a five-year (2019-2024), gender-transformative project which seeks to increase the agency and employability of young women and youth with disabilities in Gaza and the West Bank. Through generous funding from Global Affairs Canada (GAC), participants in the Salalem Leadership Institute gain critical life skills and participate in experiential (on-the-job) learning, all whilst building professional networks to enter and remain in the labor force whether by finding jobs or starting their own businesses.
Simultaneously, the project aims to reduce barriers to workforce participation by increasing buy-in from participant’s families, improving the accessibility of workplaces, and promoting community acceptance. The project is implemented by Save Youth Future Society (SYFS) in partnership with Catholic Relief Services.
SYFS is seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced Life Skills and Job Readiness trainer to deliver a one-week Life Skills training (at least 20 hours) to all selected participants and an eight-days Job Readiness training to participants who indicated their interest to be engaged in Track 1 training (Job Readiness and Internship), considering a mixed methods approach that combines the in-person training, virtual training (synchronous and asynchronous training sessions), and will conduct feedback sessions with participants.
S/he will be reporting directly to the Project Coordinator.
- Delivery of life skills and job readiness trainings:
- Plan, organize and implement the training according to the project timeline.
- Ensure that participants understand and implement training contents and acquired knowledge through regular and individual follow-up via regular check ins and field visits during their internship placements at workplace.
- Provide support and feedback to the Job Readiness trainees while preparing their personal and professional development plan and conducting their one-to-one meetings with their supervisors through the internship period.
- Provide support and advice to the Job Readiness trainees to strengthen and improve their employment skills.
- Contribute to Learning Events that are conducted at the end of any Cohort to discuss the successes, challenges, and identify adaptations to the curriculum to strengthen the approach for future cohorts. The trainer must participate in and contribute recommendations for strengthening the curriculum in the future.
- Contribute to the training evaluations analysis and reporting (pre-posttest and end of training evaluations).
- Share learning, feedback, and recommendations to improve the training curriculum and methodologies to better meet the needs of future participants.
- Support the team to develop relevant communication strategy to reach out potential participants to benefit from Salalem project’s activities.
- When possible, assist the project team in performing other training related tasks.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge Management
- Identify and report success stories for communication purposes.
- Report Salalem Leadership Institute training’s activities bottlenecks and assist in troubleshooting field and skills gabs raised by participants and assist on improving skills and developing competencies.
- Any other related tasks assigned by Project Coordinator.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in business administration, economics, sociology, or another related field.
- Three years of professional experience in delivering Life Skills and/or Job Readiness training in the Gaza context. Previous experience in delivering virtual training is a plus.
- High level of tutoring/training/instructing skills.
- Proficient in interactive and practical teaching methodology skills.
- Excellent knowledge and understating of the Gaza TVET sector and market, problems, constraints, options, etc.
- Experience in working with people with disability.
- Good writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to develop progress reports.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel).
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment.
- Understands and works with local contexts (operational and cultural).
Interested candidates should submit:
- Letter of motivation (ca. 200 words) and
- The most recent CV on the link below
Only complete applications (Motivation letter, CV, references and questionnaire) will be reviewed.
Deadline for submitting applications 08/10/2022, no later than 12:00 p.m.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save Youth Future Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek SYFS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please