Community Media Center
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant
Deadline for submitting applications no later than 1:00 pm on Tuesday, February 9th, 2023.
CMC is a non-government institution established in January 2007 in Gaza and adopts the human rights-based approach to empower marginalized groups, especially women, youth and journalists to amplify their voices to draw the attention of decision-makers and duty-bearers and enhance their practice of active citizenship with a vision of effective and influential Palestinian developmental media that advocates for human rights, rule of law, democracy and citizenship, so that social justice, freedom and prosperity prevail.
General objective of the job:
The MEAL Assistant is responsible to support the close monitoring of quality implementation of the project activities. He/she has a crucial role in MEAL activities starting with define the data to be collected, tool to be used, applying tool, frequency of collecting data, analyzing data, report about the results, feedback and lesson learned.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Closely follow up the project's implementation and conduct monitoring and evaluation, including reflection sessions and focus groups.
- Contribute to data collection and analysis in order to recommend improvements or corrective actions to the project's implementation and achieve results-oriented results.
- Preparation of progress and periodic monitoring and evaluation reports. (In Arabic and English)
- Follow up on results frameworks and project indicators and ensure that success stories are documented.
- Work and collaborate with partners to enhance the quality and coherence of monitoring and evaluation activities in the field.
- Provide monitoring findings, evaluation, and recommendations to support performance planning, risk analysis and mitigation.
- Supporting staff in establishing and monitoring action plans to ensure high data quality.
- Participate in the donor's meetings when needed to inform them of the project's achievements and constraints.
- Ensure effective implementation of follow-up and evaluation systems and procedures for data collection and verification (qualitative and quantitative) and conduct regular field follow-up visits to ensure transparency/accountability/integrity.
- Develop, increase and improve various logical frameworks by building performance and achievement indicators to monitor the progress of activities and the achievement of both objectives and outputs.
- Provide feedback to the project manager within the follow-up and evaluation requirements.
- University degree in management, engineering, management information system, strategic planning, or any other relevant area.
- Prior experience of at least 3 years in a similar position.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic with English writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of various computer systems and software and office packages.
- Excellent knowledge of follow-up and evaluation systems and working methods.
- Ability to monitor the project's activities and collect and analyze data according to reporting and donor requirements.
- Ability to use different data software, analyze and master research especially in data collection through digital systems available from the software.
- High communication and communication skills and good interaction with others.
Duration of the contract: One year with a probation period of three Months.
How to apply: Interested applicants have to send a motivation letter and updated CV through this email: [email protected]
Only candidates meeting the above qualifications will be considered and contacted.