Ajyal Association for Creativity & Development
Project Assistant / No. (1)
Ajyal Association for Creativity & Development in the Gaza Strip is a rights-based, independent, non-governmental and non-profit organization that aims to empower youth and children (women, men, girls and boys) through well-designed interventions responding to its target groups rights, issues and priorities using innovative techniques and approaches such: capacity development, skill rehabilitation, job creation and awareness raising and advocacy and lobbying by creating local, regional and international partnerships.
Ajyal implements the project (Improve Access to high-quality WASH services in Pre-Schools) in partnership with IRPAL, with the aim of developing the capacities of kindergartens in the Gaza Strip. Ajyal needs to contract with a project assistant to participate in the implementation of the project's activities
Job Title: Project Assistant No. (1)
Work location: Ajyal Office – Saha Al-Shawa – Gaza.
Work type and duration: Fixed-term work contract (12 months).
Nature of the job: Full time (100%).
Direct supervisor: Project Coordinator.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assisting the project coordinator in implementing the project work plan to meet the project objectives.
- Providing administrative support to project managers, including scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and preparing reports
- Follow up implementing of activities with partners through trainings, meetings, workshops, campaigns, open days and other project activities.
- Organize meetings, workshops, and trainings as requested.
- Participation of the project coordinator in the effective coordination of project activities in line with the various components of the project, and with the relevant stakeholders.
- Follow up the implementation of workshops for children in partnership with various partners.
- Commitment to attend all trainings and meetings related to the project and submit reports to project coordinator.
- Preparing all administrative papers and weekly plans for the team and handing them over to the supervisor.
- Follow up on project financial statement, payments and financial reports with the participation of the project and finance officer.
- Participate in procurement in terms of planning, commissions and reports.
- Maintain effectively project participant’s database and produce reader-friendly presentations.
- Participate in feeding the project reports, sharing field challenges, complaints, success & best practices.
- Maintain efficient project documentation and archiving system of project.
- Assisting in preparing the success stories, case studies and media coverage.
- Support the implementation of MEAL activities in coordination with the MEAL Coordinator at Carrying out any other works assigned to him/her related to the project activities.
- Conduct field visits to kindergartens to monitor work.
- Participating in identifying the needs of kindergartens.
- Participating in selecting the beneficiary kindergartens.
Ajyal is mainstreaming of the gender concept; Female and persons with disability candidates are encouraged to apply for this position
Interested candidates should submit their CVs, and cover letter in English through:
Deadline for applications is 08/03/2023 at 4:00 PM.
Any Arabic applications or applications that doesn’t fulfill the requested requirements or applications after is 08/03/2023 at 4:00 PM will be ignored
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.