The Agricultural Development Association (PARC)
Technical Coordinator (Civil/Construction)
Department: Programs and Projects Department
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: PARC office at Gaza-Alzaitoon area/ Farm location at KhanYounis
Duration: 12 months
Expected Starting Date: Oct, 2022
Closing date:25 Sep,2022
PARC is a national developmental organization that strives to develop the agricultural sector, strengthen the resilience of farmers, reach out to the poor and marginalized groups and their CBO’s, mobilize and develop the capabilities of rural people to enable them to control their resources, through the work of a distinguished professional teams and a loyal volunteer. This has been accomplished through creative programs and transparent management and through technical practices to contribute to the establishment of a free and democratic Palestinian society with the values of social justice. For further information about PARC, please visit: http://www.pal-arc.org/
The project of " Development of model farm in the Gaza Strip to Enhance Safe Agricultural Production" aims at promoting the socio-economic empowerment of young agricultural entrepreneurs by piloting innovative solutions and introduction of resource efficient and safe agricultural practices in the Gaza Strip. The project will support the Green Girls Group- GGG to establish a model agricultural farm with resource efficient and modern agricultural practices to save agricultural inputs of water, fertilizers and energy in order to produce environmentally safe and healthy food to enhance basic food security for the surrounding communities and beyond. The farm will be a model farm for a viable business model where innovative solutions for ecological agriculture, water and energy (greenhouses, Rainwater Harvesting Pond, Solar energy system, Exchange Hub, agricultural production unit and a shock freeze storage, Cultivating the open field, Agricultural tools and Safety equipment package, farm wire mesh & trees fence) will be tested, presented and disseminated.
The project is funded by Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and implemented by Agricultural Development Association (PARC)
The technical coordinator will be responsible for following up the implementation of work inside the model farm, revising/preparing all the needed documents for designs, BoQs, cost estimates, specifications, and tender documents for the interventions will be implemented in the farm, conducting the acceptance and preparing the As-Built document, monitor the taking-over and handing-over processes, in addition to supervising the civil works with the contractors and following up the financial issues.
- Support the coordination and implementation of project technical activities at the field level, ensuring implementation schedules are met as per the detailed implementation plan and that adherence to PARC systems for quality project implementation is strengthened.
- Develop working templates with key performance indicators for establishing and tracking project Civil & Structural requirements.
- Coordinate with design consultants and authorities with regard to the revision and approvals of design, drawings and detailed design reports
- Review, assess and approve the priced Bills of Quantities (BOQ) and technical specification for the interventions.
- Address technical concerns and issues during the project construction life cycle.
- Continuous data collection for relevant interventions and develop the required technical and progress reports
- Assist procurement team with all necessary technical inputs to facilitate award of procurement and subcontract packages and to be involved in technical clarifications as required.
- Conduct technical field visits to the project location to monitor the implementation of the project as per plan, time and budget.
- Support other team members in the implementation of project activities including training and visibility activities.
- Participate in meetings with relevant stakeholders
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil/structural Engineering is required.
- Minimum five (5) years of working experience in leading construction and/or site monitoring work, including at least 2 years of experience working with NGOs.
- Understanding of overall construction engineering disciplines;
- Demonstrated experience in environmental and agricultural activities is preferable.
- Proficiency using MS Windows, MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Good knowledge of the policies and institutional frameworks relevant to the environmental protection, entrepreneurship, nature protection and/or climate change
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Good communication skills and ability to interact effectively with related stakeholders
- Observation, active listening, and analysis skills
- Have in-depth knowledge of new systems and materials, and building codes and regulations
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications. Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility in accepting work assignments.
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Strong written and oral English and Arabic required.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to http://www.pal-arc.org/jobs to the attention of the HR Department no later than 25, September 2022 and include the job title (Technical Coordinator) in the subject line and cover letter..
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test.