Palestinian Al Nakheel Association for Progress and Development
Palestinian Al Nakheel Association for Progress and Development is an independent NGO, registered with the Palestinian Interior Ministry and holds a certificate of registration number 6023, was established in Khan Younis in 1998 working in the field of Food Security and WASH in general and Agricultural development especially.
Position Title: MEAL Officer
Position Type: Full time.
Duration: 8 months
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible.
She/he will be reporting directly to Project Manager.
Al Nakheel Association will be implementing the Food Security and WASH project under the title " Enhancing Food Security and WASH Services into Vulnerable and Under-served Communities in Khan Younis" to assist 660 HHs to provide food and WASH Services in the vulnerable communities in Khan Younis.
MEAL Officer responsibilities:
- Designing a framework for the monitoring, evaluation, accountability and Learning of the project activities and defining methodologies for collecting data that will be used for monitoring the effective implementation.
- Supports the development of MEAL tools and supervises quality data collection.
- Keep accurate records of data, activities, and Community/beneficiaries’ participation in monitoring activities.
- Ensure that data is collected and recorded ethically and within the remits of Al Nakheel's policy on confidentiality and consent.
- Supports the use of information, communication, and technology for development to advance MEAL objectives.
- Leads quantitative and qualitative data analyses and reflective discussions on ongoing monitoring data.
- Develops and implements activities according to the MEAL plan.
- Ensures accountability to targeted beneficiaries, supporting the use of Feedback and Response Mechanism.
- Supports project evaluations and reviews as required.
- Conducts regular field visits as key task of the MEAL Department to all running activities and develops the required field reports.
- Integrates protection and gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women, men, boys and girls, and people with disabilities in data collection processes.
- Participates in projects’ specific assessments (baseline, end line) and a multi-sectorial needs assessment and support in the beneficiary selection process.
- Develops information materials for Complaints Feedback and Response Mechanisms.
- Keeps complaints record confidential and only accessible to relevant staff according to the internal feedback mechanism guidelines.
- Identifies and documents lessons learned to generate best practices.
- Participates/facilitates in internal project evaluations and learning reviews that are intended for lessons learned and operational decision making.
- Prepares regular monitoring reports including ongoing data analysis with the status of implementation progress.
- Performs any other duties related as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in Monitoring and evaluation, social sciences, Research, Engineering, Management, or any other relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years of practical experience in monitoring, evaluation, learning and results-based management with excellent theoretical knowledge about MEAL requirements.
- Strong conceptual knowledge about results frameworks and logic models.
- Experience with designing and facilitating MEAL meeting and events, such as data analysis and interpretation workshops.
- Experience in MEAL capacity strengthening, including facilitating training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data analysis using Excel and SPSS through good statistical methods and techniques.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written).
- Excellent planning and administration skills.
- initiative, self-reliant and cooperative.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and carry out multiple tasks.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their CV’s and cover letter in English Pdf document to the following email: [email protected]
indicating " MEAL Officer " title as mail subject.
Deadline "Closing Date" is. Monday 03/10/2022 03:00 PM
Palestinian Al Nakheel Association for Progress and Development, address:
Khan Younis–Al Satar El- Sharqi -Near Dar Al Salam Hospital,
For inquiries, please call the Association’s telephone number: 0593262420
Palestinian Al Nakheel Association (Al Nakheel ) is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
Only short-listed candidates will contacted.