Save Youth Future Society
Reports To: Project Coordinator
Period: 12 months with possible extension
Save Youth Future Society (SYFS) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent society founded in Gaza in 2001. SYFS work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the achievement of sustainable development, and which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
Salalem, is a five-year (2019-2024), gender-transformative project which seeks to increase the agency and employability of young women and youth with disabilities in Gaza and the West Bank. Through generous funding from Global Affairs Canada (GAC), participants in the Salalem Leadership Institute gain critical life skills and participate in experiential (on-the-job) learning, all whilst building professional networks to enter and remain in the labor force whether by finding jobs or starting their own businesses.
Simultaneously, the project aims to reduce barriers to workforce participation by increasing buy-in from participant’s families, improving the accessibility of workplaces, and promoting community acceptance. The project is implemented by Save Youth Future Society (SYFS) in partnership with Catholic Relief Services.
SYFS is seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced Field Supervisor to support implementing, following up, and monitoring the project activities in Gaza and North Gaza governorates.
The Filed Supervisor will be reporting directly to the Project Coordinator and support all project activities in the field.
- Responsible for the supervision, follow-up and monitoring of program activities in the field as assigned by the Project Coordinator.
- Introduce and represent the project w the target communities by establishing strong community links.
- Coordinate the day-to-day implementation of the program activities and provide regular field supervision and monitoring of activities implementation.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to the beneficiaries (interns and entrepreneurs).
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders including host employers, disability and livelihoods actors, universities, community mobilization committees and undertake monitoring activities.
- Contribute to the development of program work plans.
- Contribute to the identification of potential risks and difficulties and determining mitigation and troubleshooting measures.
- Documenting all program field implementation activities using the reporting tools.
- Support project administration and backstop other functions, as assigned.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in business administration, economics, sociology, or another related field
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible work experience in the field of development, preferably with similar projects. Significant experience working on livelihoods, gender empowerment and disability inclusion projects is required
- Required Languages – Strong written and oral English and Arabic
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to develop progress reports
- Proficiency using MS Windows, MS Office packages
- Demonstrate strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment.
- Understand and work with local contexts (operational and cultural)
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit:
- Letter of motivation (ca. 200 words) and
- The most recent CV on the link below
Only complete applications (Motivation letter, CV, references and questionnaire) will be reviewed.
Deadline for submitting applications 08/10/2022, no later than 12:00 p.m.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save Youth Future Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek SYFS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please