AL AWDA HOSPITAL - GAZA - PALESTINE
Overview of AWDA
AWDA is NGO leading Palestinian knowledge-based community healthcare organazation established in 1985, contributing to community empowerment in healthcare and promoting the comprehensive concept in the Gaza Strip.Its members are gathering a healthy vision for our slogan " Health-Protection-Empowerment ". AWDA is achieving community health empowerment and promoting the comprehensive healthcare concept through capacity development; primary; and tertiary healthcare; culture and health, and community health communication and advocacy programs.
Overview of MSF:
Médecins Sans Frontieres “Doctors Without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation
The staff will be employed by AWDA and is assigned to MSF Limb reconstructive surgery project in Al Awda hospital according the partnership between AWDA and MSF.
- Provide occupational therapy sessions to patient suffering from trauma, especially on upper limbs, or having undergone surgery, in order to help them to recover the best possible function.
- Provide occupational therapy sessions to patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Create all type of thermoplastic splints and any adaptation to autonomize patients in the daily life activities. The occupational therapist supports the patient when returning home, reducing environmental challenges.
- Educate patients and caretakers on the importance of rehabilitation and promote autonomy/independence. Give advices on environmental challenges.
- Participate to the patient’s inclusion in the society by caring and training him to recover his best function and autonomy, including psycho-social aspects.
- Respect established (patient, services and stock) management procedures. Fills charts and statistics registers adequately.
- Participate in multidisciplinary discussions
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Ensure patient evaluation process for OT activity / service, while respecting AAH-MSFB procedures
- Provide patient care (upper limb rehabilitation, splints production, home-adaptations advices, and chronic pain management. The OT will be involved with pediatric and adult patients. )
- Provide information and training to medical staff
- Ensure a smooth multidisciplinary coordination
- In collaboration with the MLO and the PT supervisor, refer patients externally, when needed, and ensure smooth discharge process
- Accomplish administrative tasks under supervision of the Head of Department
- Maintain good relationship with staff members
- Ensure quality of care and continuous improvement of technical skills and knowledge
- Ensure efficient management of resources
- Respect hygiene protocols and ensure patients security
- Respect professional and MSF ethics
This job profile might evolve depending on the evolution of the project (tasks, place of work, working hours and schedule).
- Official Occupational Therapist Degree and Practicing License - Essential
- Theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in traumatology, orthopedics, neurology after a trauma event- Essential
- Experience in hospital settings is an asset- Desirable
- Familiar with adapting and / manufacturing a wide range of assistive products to improve positioning / immobilization during and after reconstructive surgery process- Essential
- Experience in simulating environmental needs of patients and proposing remote distance solutions to ensure accessibility and functional independence for patients- Desirable
- Intermediate in written and spoken English
- Abilities to work within a team
- Capacities to analyze and assess
- Abilities to properly communicate with patients, families/caretakers and medical staff
- Motivated, dynamic; able and willing to take initiatives
- Time and work management abilities as well as autonomy
- Willing to learn and develop professionally
- Open and interested in disability issues
تقديم طلبات التوظيف عبر الرابط طلب التسجيل للوظيفة
- ينتهي تقديم الطلبات بتاريخ 16/11/2022 الساعة 16:00
- يرجى إحضار الأوارق الثبوتية التالية لاحقا: سيرة ذاتية باللغة الانجليزية- صورة الهوية – شهادة جامعية في التخصص- كشف الدرجات – شهادات الخبرة – شهادة الثانوية العامة –مزاولة المهنة-صور شخصية )أصل وصورة لكل الأوراق.