Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committees (PARC)
The Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committees (PARC) is planning to implement aims at Enhancing Gaza farmers’ livelihood resilience against water quality deterioration, and inaccessibility to water in different locations around Gaza. The project is expected to be funded by BMZ through Bread for the World. The project will be implemented in partnership with Diakonie Katasterophenhilfe.
PARC is seeking qualified candidates to assume the following:
position: CBDRM Mobilizers (2 positions)
Location: Gaza City,
Period: 20 Months.
Salary: The salary is competitive and commensurate with the qualifications
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with 17 most at-risk communities in the Gaza Strip;
- Work on daily basis including coordination, engagement and facilitation with the Community Protection Committees (CPCs) of 17 most at-risk communities in the Gaza Strip such support include engaging these committees at all stages of the project including implementation, M&E and closure in addition to other activities including advocacy, capacity building and community initiatives.
- Cofacilitate together with the CPCs various types of workshops and FGDs in the targeted communities.
- Support /Conduct the community-based activities of the disaster risk management and climate change impact mitigation assessments and planning in the targeted communities in cooperations with the CPCs.
- Support the data analysis and establishment of the CBDRM and climate change impact mitigation plans.
- Facilitate the establishment and operationalization of Community Emergency Preparedness and Response plans for the targeted communities.
- Resolve all challenges related to awareness interventions using community-based approaches.
- Prepare activities reports on regular basis and share it with management for reviews and input.
- Prepare periodical reports as requested by PARC and donor in consultation with the Programs Coordinator.
- Assist the finance department in preparing periodic financial documents and reports.
- To ensure that all activities of the project are well documented and maintained as part of an efficient project filing system including all project related documents.
- Perform any other tasks related.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES.
- Proven experience and ability to work with a wide range of people: children, youth, and adults.
- Proven workshop and FGD facilitation skills.
- Proven reporting skills including data collection and entry.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to contribute to a small, proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary.
- Good and proven analytical skills.
- Having proven trainer and workshop facilitation skills is mandatory.
- Relevant university degree; bachelor in disaster risk management, Business Administration, Project Management; international development, engineering or any related field.
- More than 3 years of relevant experience in Community mobilization.
- Prior experience working with Disaster Risk Reduction is preferable.
- Prior emergency response experience and/or experience of emergency preparedness work/plans is preferable.
- Experience with communications and advocacy work is a plus.
- Good experiences in GIS applications are preferable.
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic &English.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English).
Please submit your application by website: https://pal-arc.org/vacancies/ar to the attention of the HR Department no later than 12th December 2022 and include the job title (CBDRM Mobilizers) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test.