El-Amal Rehabilitation Society
El-Amal Rehabilitation Society is a non-governmental organization founded in 1991 - providing rehabilitation services in the southern area of the Gaza Strip - Rafah, with a focus on education, health, culture, TEVET, psychosocial support, GBV and other protection concerns, through multi-sectorial interventions to insure better life for vulnerable groups including children, youth, women with special focus on PWD.
ERS is implementing “Meeting the protection needs of the most vulnerable children and GBV survivors in the Gaza Strip through enhancing access to protection services” Project; in Partnership with Terre des hommes (Tdh) . The project aims to meet the protection needs of 4,350 persons, including 1,560 children (760 boys and 800 girls).
The project coordinator will be responsible for the planning, implementation & management of the project activities and stakeholders of the cash interventions, contribute in economic & vulnerability assessments and capacity building.
Position Type: Full time (100 %)
Location: El Amal Rehabilitation Society-Rafah
Duration: 11 months
Starting Date: ASAP
The Project coordinator is expected to perform the following tasks
- Lead the implementation of the project activities in accordance with the project proposal and budget.
- Influence rights-based, participatory implementation methodologies as well as gender mainstreaming and Inclusion throughout all project phases
- Ensure the implementation of activities in a timely manner and according to project results.
- Supervise junior team, build their capacities and ensure effective coordination with other organization departments
- Ensure productive coordination with other project team members towards complementary model of work.
Finance & Administration tasks:
- Prepare budget forecasts as well as following up on the project cash flow with and through the Finance Department.
- Maintain efficient expenditure tracking and responsible budget controlling
- Preparing procurement plan, quotations, tenders, and terms of reference (TOR) with and follow up with the Finance Department.
Visibility, Documentation & Reporting tasks:
- Maintain project well documentation and efficient project filing system
- Participate in developing the project’s narrative reports as per project agreement i.e Monthly tracking, Interim and annual reports.
- Ensure visibility and media coverage of the project activities including photo, video, success stories & case studies
- Fulfill the project MEAL requirements as per the approved MEAL framework
- Coordinate the implementation of MEAL activities as needed and in accordance to the MEAL plan.
- Conduct field visits to supervise and monitor activities.
- Demonstrate integrated and transparent accountability system
- Lead the learning activities, community feedback sessions and maintain updated learning log
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Development, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in projects coordination and management with NGOs or INGOs.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the child protection , Psychosocial support and project management.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with minimum supervision, and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel).
Interested applicants can apply by sending a CV with Cover Letter in English to [email protected] no later than Thursday 26h of January 2023 at 12:00 Pm.
Applicants are requested to fill in the information on the following link Apply Now
ERS is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages women and PWD to apply for all positions.
ERS respects the humanitarian principle of "Do no harm" and ensures child and women safety and security as a primary consideration.
ERS practices a policy of zero tolerance toward every type of fraud, corruption, sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment, or any type of violence.
Only those who are short-listed will be notified