Oxfam is currently starting an ECHO funded project that aims at supporting protection of the most vulnerable groups through addressing basic needs in terms of water, cash and fresh food. The focus will be on building systems and institutional capacity to deliver such life-saving assistance during a protracted crisis with the capacity to scale up rapidly during emergencies while ensuring inclusion of those with the greatest protection needs including vulnerable women including widows and female heads of households, agricultural workers, girls and persons with disabilities.
We are hereby looking for a technical consultant to deliver the following tasks:
- Liaise with OPT, Global and Regional Oxfam staff, international organisations working on Gender in the Gaza Strip, and Project partners to engage with existing processes and utilise existing tools, in particular with regards to the work on preparedness efforts.
- Identify gender related barriers in accessing assistance in WASH and Food Security including beneficiary selection criteria, intra-household power dynamics, types of assistance, gender roles, participation, and groups facing particular vulnerabilities.
- Based on the barriers and opportunities identified make recommendations for areas of action and potential activities to address them and ensure compliance with Oxfam’s gender guidelines for WASH and food security
- Use the Protection mainstreaming in WASH programmes checklist in emergencies tool as key a reference that Oxfam for the analysis and recommendations, in particular the ‘Do No Harm’, and the ‘Non-discrimination’ principles that Oxfam aims to meet.
- Conduct a desk review to identify existing information, gaps and best practices in increasing women’s access to and benefit from project activities.
- Carry out the necessary assessments in the field in consultation and coordination with implementing partners (MA’AN), (PEF), (YEC) and with existing beneficiaries and/or new potential project beneficiaries to inform the gender analysis.
About the MECIS Region
The Middle East and Commonwealth of Independent States (MECIS) region implements and manages programmes in Yemen, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Russia, Tajikistan, Armenia, and Georgia.
Programmes within the MECIS region reflect Oxfam’s approach to work across the globe. We support self-reliance, not dependency, and to complement our work on the ground we strive to secure lasting change through our campaigning.
We also put women at the heart of all we do. The majority of people living in poverty are women and girls, and so this focus helps us to achieve our mission to overcome poverty and suffering.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates and teams are requested to submit A cover letter of no more than 2 pages introducing the consultancy institute/team and how the skills and competencies described above are met, Proposed evaluation team leader’s and team members’ CVs, A proposal on how s/he will approach this task (no more than 5 pages) including a technical offer (key considerations, proposed outline methodology, deliverables and detailed schedule, roles of different team members proposed) along with a detailed breakdown of financial proposal/budget and other documents as detailed in the TOR to www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs quoting INT 2620 no later than 25th July 2016.
A more detailed Terms of Reference is within the link above
Documents Gender Analysis advertisement